Sunday, December 2, 2007

Fusilli with Sundried Tomatoes, Basil, and Asiago



Last week, when my pizza supply ran out, I was faced with the conundrum of foraging through my dried goods pantry. It was either another bowl of oatmeal or a box of crackers, as I didn't want to defrost anything. But then I rememered that I had pasta, and could eat "real food" after all.

Ingredients:
Whatever pasta you think is enough for one person
2-3 tablespoons sundried tomatoes packed in oil
1/4 cup shreded Asiago cheese (parmesan will also work, of course)
1 tablespoon olive oil
Freshly torn basil
Crushed red pepper flakes to taste


Cook the pasta, and drain well. Toss with the tablespoon of olive oil, however many sundried tomatoes you want, and crushed red pepper


Add cheese, toss again. Thow the torn basil leaves on top.


Eat, satisfied that you can create a not-completely-inedible meal from your pantry.

No comments: